Slides: 20200505MeetingPresentation.pdf (320kb)
- Welcome, introductions, and apologies for absence (Chair)
- Space for safe cycling and walking during lockdown
- Prioritise asks
- Emergency Cycleways
- Who have we\have we not contacted yet?
- Next steps
- Prioritise asks
- LCC Local Group forum
- Tomorrow night, who is attending?
- Support? questions?
- Date of the next meeting
Present – Marcus, Chas, John, Gary, Maeve, Shirly & Colin
Apologises – Neil
We are on Zoom, kept to under the 40 min limit.
- We started looking over the our Streets for distancing map and it was felt that we have already done a lot of work here which has yet to be acknowledged.
- We have yet to hear back from Councillor Manuel Abellan
- It was agreed that we would like to see proposals for the Sutton to St Helier Cycleway brought forward for trialling as this would help with a priority route for key workers to St Helier Hospital. Also, for the council to consider the potential for bringing forward any Liveable Neighbourhoods proposals in trial form as appropriate.
- TFL would be looking at ther location at Tudor Ave / Palmer Ave where Young women loses her life whilst cycling in North Cheam
- Audience. Who have we\have we not contacted yet?
- It was quickly agreed that we need to put pressure on the council, and that pressure needed to be made on councillors immediately.
- We need to write our own email letters to all Sutton councillors:
- use Write to them or Sutton Council website
- highlight what Lewisham’s is doing: https://lewishamcovidtransport.commonplace.is
- possibly link to our Streets for Social Distancing Map to show we have started
- MOST IMPORTANTLY share an invitation to the ‘Covid-19 – Emergency Transport plans’ webinar event.
Chas shared what he’d been sending today
- We noted the recent disappointments at
- but also highlighted the continuing good work on the Cycleway in the St Helier area (Wrythe Lane crossing, new link at Newstead Walk and new crossing Bishopsford Road) and proposed thanks to Sutton Council contractors for progressing with this work at this challenging time.
Date of the next meeting
- It was agreed that meeting on Zoom was very accessible and we’d acheived a lot in a short time.
- We wanted to keep up momentum so it made sense to meet next Tuesday
- Tuesday 12th May, 7.30pm.