What do we do?
- We represent the London Cycling Campaign locally, and our aim is to help make Sutton one of London’s exemplary cycling boroughs.
- To achieve this we are focussed on improving cycling infrastructure in Sutton.
- We want to make things better for people who already cycle, but also, importantly, for those who would like to cycle but are currently put off. Our ambition is to take forward and build on the campaigns of the London Cycling Campaign, so that cycling is seen as a stress-free transport option for everyone.
- We highlight problems faced by cyclists (or would-be cyclists) to Sutton Council, TfL and any other relevant bodies, with the aim of getting the situation improved.
- We scrutinise proposed cycling schemes to ensure that they will be an actual benefit to cycling as a mode of transport and a good use of tax payers’ money.
- We keep in touch with developments in other London boroughs to make sure Sutton does not get left even further behind.
- Other groups do a good job of organising rides (and we may do this on occasions) or try to change society through cycling – we feel this will happen when the infrastructure makes it possible.
When we meet
We meet at various locations around the borough to make it easy for more people to attend. Look out for details of the next meeting on the Next meet-up page or our Facebook page. We will also post events on the LCC Events page.
If you are passionate about improving the state of cycling in Sutton, whether an London Cycling Campaign member or not, this is the place for you. Let’s Get Sutton Cycling!