Get Sutton Cycling AGM and Campaign Meeting, October 7, 2019

We met at The Racehorse, West Street, Carshalton.

1 Present: Dominic, John K, John P, Marcus (in the Chair) and Neil. Apologies were received from Ben, Charles, Colin, Gary, Shirley and Victoria.

2 AGM business

The Treasurer’s Report was received and approved; the group has sound if modest resources. (Copies available from the Coordinator).

Office holders: Ben (Treasurer) and Charles (Co-Coordinator) had let it be known that they wished to step down from those roles. Agreed for the next year: Marcus as Coordinator; Charles as Treasurer and John K to continue as Secretary; Gary to be invited to continue as Chair.

The group expressed thanks to Charles and Ben for their work in reinvigorating Get Sutton Cycling over the last five years or so.

3 Actions and matters arising from our last meeting.

It was reported that:
Bikefest had successful contributions from the group in Beddington Park (Sep. 21st)

Participation in the Environmental Fair was favourably received (August bank Holiday).

Sustrans has still to respond to our concerns over NCN20- Marcus will contact them again.

4 Local road scheme consultations with Sutton Council

We reviewed some of our responses – all available via Cyclescape. All consultations on Cyclescape are open to all members to contribute from their local knowledge; many of our responses are also on our website.

The next Liveable Neighbourhoods consultation is due on October 8- likely to be a low-key event with limited information sharing.

5 LCC Local Group forum

Dominic highlighted the TfL cycle data project which was about to go live londoncyclingdata.org.uk . Marcus will post on how to use the site to update the database.

6 Local news and updates. Discussion of the Sutton Cycle Forum, LCC Campaigners meeting, progress (or lack of it) regarding the Belmont area and the Carshalton Station approach road.

Our CiviCRM newsletter was sent to 350 people interested in local cycling issues.

7 Marcus invited contributions to his newsletter.

8 Other items:

Neil will contact Subsea7 in Sutton, a significant local business with a positive attitude to cycling, with a view to engagement with interested parties.

Marcus to investigate A4 posters about the group, following the success of the business cards in raising awareness.

9 Next meeting: Monday December 2, 7.30 pm for 7.45 pm start. The President’s Lounge, Sutton United Football Club, The Borough Sports Ground, Gander Green Ln, Sutton SM1 2EY (adjacent to West Sutton train station).

Posted in Advocacy, Meetings, News

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

LCC Newsletters via email
Opt in to receive emails from either the Sutton local group list or the main LCC enewsletter list here or manage all your LCC subscriptions here.
Follow us on Twitter
%d bloggers like this: