Thank you to everyone that came to our space4cycling event on Saturday. If you couldn’t make it or would still like to fill out our survey you can do it here. As part of the Space for Cycling campaign, we are asking everyone to take some time to look at the areas of Sutton they know, and to think how they might change these places to make them, and to make cycling, more pleasant.
There are six key themes or questions we are asking you to think about:
- Is there a main road, or major junction, that needs protected lanes?
- Do your local schools have safe cycling routes for children?
- Would your neighbourhood benefit from a 20mph speed limit?
- Is your residential street used as a rat-run by motorists?
- Is riding through your local town centre a total nightmare?
- Does your local park or green space need more cycle paths?
Please complete our short survey to let us know where you would like to see changes.
It doesn’t matter if you cycle a lot, barely at all, or never – what we want is to know what concerns you.
We will collate the responses to the survey to create our demands that will then be put forward to all the local candidates standing in the council elections in Sutton in May. Our aim is simply to ensure that, in time, our streets, roads and local communities, will become more people focussed, with walking and cycling seen as safe and normal activities.