Slides: 20200707MeetingPresentation PDF (~700Kb)
- Welcome, introductions, and apologies for absence (Chair)
- Space for safe cycling and walking during lockdown
- Actions \ Updates from meeting with Cllr Manuel Abellan
- Questions for Thursday’s Q&A with Cllr Manuel Abellan and Officer Chris Smith
- Date of the next meeting
Present – Marcus H, John K, Chas M, Gary J, Shirley & Colin Q, Maeve T
Apologises – Neil W
We are on Zoom and kept under 40 min limit.
Actions \ Updates
- Marcus gave updates along with slides
- Discussion on TFL involvement went a bit off piste
- who made the complaints in Cheam?
- accessibility issues in Cheam, no ramps on kerbs
- no proper cycle lane
- No budget for cycle training was met with disagreement
- Shirley: There are new people out on the roads with kids behind them, they need training
- Maeve: in response to training budget may be made available once there’s more space to cycle asked Why was there training before if there’s nowhere to cycle?!
- Then we looked at questions to raise with Chris Smith on Thursday
- Yet a different image on that slide!
- John has updated the groups.io calendar events
- Marcus shared that his new cargo bike gets noticed and puts smiles on peoples faces!
- Cllr Manuel Abellan & Chris Smith to do another Q&A session on 2:30-3:30pm this Thursday
- Next week as normal
Date and time: Tuesday 14th July – 7.30pm
Venue: On Zoom – see Next Meet Up page for details