Slides: 20200630MeetingPresentation PDF (~1.4Mb)
- Welcome, introductions, and apologies for absence (Chair)
- Space for safe cycling and walking during lockdown
- Actions from last meeting
- Progress Report (from meeting with Cllr Manuel Abellan)
- Next steps
- Date of the next meeting
Present – Marcus H, John K, Chas M, Gary J, Shirley & Colin Q
Apologises – n/a
We are on Zoom and kept under 40 min limit.
- Marcus gave updates along with slides
- Explained that after getting advice of Simon Munk Rosehill roundabout was not something we’d get TFL funding for
- The action to write to Councillor Sunita Gordon about the council’s website and tweeter feed re. Safer, Active, Greener streets post is less important now
- it’s too late to spread the Widen My Path message now bidding done
- Rather than looking at the maps in the slides we discussed the funding breakdown seen on page 35 of the Agenda reports pack PDF 9 MB (see the Agenda page for the Strategy and Resources Committee meeting next Monday 6th July.)
- It would seem that the Low Traffic Neighbourhoods schemes the best value for money at using £224k for 3 schemes out of the total £3.7m
- John K mentioned the language used in the document is far clearer than what we’ve seen in previous LIP documents
- The idea of another Q & A session with Cllr Manuel Abellan will be doing a Q&A session from 3-4pm Tuesday 7th July was well received
- Groups.io again can be used to collate a list of questions
- John K mentioned that Church Road would be a waste of money.
- Colin agreed that parking is the real issue there and Demesne Rd needs a filter
- Chas said the council should talk to and learn from other boroughs
- Colin mentioned why would we have remove parking from West St when it already has double yellow lines?
- Marcus asked what the intervention be on Park Lane? General agreement that the mention of that intervention seemed to be over optomistic in benefits
- Gary mentioned we should be ready for cars driving on pavements, Chas agreed saying that is proof that a modal filter is needed. Marcus suggested we put filters adjacent to lamp posts.
- Finally a different image on that slide!
- Will ask Cllr Manuel Abellan to do another Q&A session from 3-4pm
- Be prepared for that and we can discuss on our call later in the evening.
Date and time: Tuesday 7th July – 7.30pm
Venue: On Zoom – see Next Meet Up page for details