Slides: 20200602MeetingPresentation PDF (~600kb)
- Welcome, introductions, and apologies for absence (Chair)
- Space for safe cycling and walking during lockdown
- Actions from last meeting
- Progress Report (from meeting with Cllr Manuel Abellan)
- Next steps
- Date of the next meeting
Present – Marcus H, John K, Chas M, Shirly & Colin Q
Apologises – Neil W
We are on Zoom, had a short sum up after the 40 min limit.
Space for safe cycling and walking during lockdown.
Actions from last meeting
- Council petition – saw that many signatures on change.org/SuttonStreets where not local so decided not to go ahead
- Open letter sent by Sutton XR
- John set up groups.io https://groups.io/g/getsuttoncycling
- see slides
- The 5 school streets mentioned are those in the LEO Academy Trust
- see slides
- Questions for tomorrow’s meeting with Chris Smith & Manuel Abellan
- Cycling has to be maintained on the High St (in case there’s confusion about why a cycle lane would be put on the gyratory)
- Need to publish timeline of planned inteventions (which we still don’t know what is planned and where yet)
- Get update on N/S cycleway from Sutton to Colliers Wood (was mentioned last week but forgot to ask in today’s call)
- Marcus is on another call with LCC Local Groups forum next week.
- It was decided to skip next weeks and meet again in a fortnight.
Date and time: Tuesday 16th June – 7.30pm
Venue: On Zoom