- Welcome, introductions, and apologies for absence (Chair)
- Space for safe cycling and walking during lockdown
- Progress Report
- Next steps
- Date of the next meeting
Present – Marcus, Shirly & Colin
Apologises – n/a
We are on Zoom, kept to under the 40 min limit.
Space for safe cycling and walking during lockdown.
- Marcus showed the petition change.org/SuttonStreets had 286 signatures
- We sent out a CiviCRM email on 14/5/20 linking the petition, the socially distancing map and details of the Zoom (did actually think we might have more participants this evening!)
- Meeting with Extinction Rebellian Sutton was very well receiced
- On Sunday they there was some tagging done!
- Streets for Social Distancing Map
- 36 form submissions this week
- Sutton Guardian
- reporting on the petition
- plan to run an article tomorrow once they hear back from the council
- LCC meeting with Trustees (this evening before this Zoom), some ideas
- Make a joint letter with other groups
- Mention NHS workers when talking about space for bikes
- Find the right person at the council to make things happen, it may not be the lead or who you think it is
- Make sure contacts have actually read the DFT Press Release
- Look to bike shops for new membership? (some LCC discounts)
- Other group: Mum’s for Lungs
- Councillor reponses
- Cllr Chris Williams (14/5/20)
- Cllr Manuel Abellan (15/5/20) – will update this week, plans coming!
- Ian Price – no further
- Elliot Colburn MP – no further
- Advertise new infra @ St Helier
- Action @marcushowarth
- Keep mentioning free Commonplace licences for councils
- Updating our map
- I’ll keep doing (@marcushowarth)
- Sharing petition change.org/SuttonStreets
- Action ALL
- Other ideas?
Keep weekly, hopefully we’ll see more next time!
Date and time: Tuesday 26th May – 7.30pm
Venue: On Zoom